I love the Olympics! All week I have been watching whatever I can. What I love is that I would never ordinarily watch any of these sports. But there’s something about the Olympics that draws me in. As I write this post, I’m watching Dylan Armstrong of Canada try to win a medal in the shot-put competition. Such an interesting sport – how far can a huge man throw a heavy ball. These guys have arms as big is my body. Since Monday, I’ve watched badminton, judo, diving, swimming, rowing, basketball, fencing, soccer, you name it, I’ve been watching it! Canada won’t challenge for medal dominance but we take so much pride in what we do win. We cheer with their success, we flinch at their failures. I had tears in my eyes when Antoine Valois-Fortier won a bronze in judo. I cringed when Jason Burnett fell on the trampoline. I wish every athlete all the best in the rest of the Games. One thing’s for sure – I’ll be watching!!
Last week’s post, Seven Reasons for Renting over Buying, was featured in a bunch of blog carnivals, including:
- Yakezie Carnival, hosted by Kylie Ofiu
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults, hosted by 20′s Finances
- Carnival of Personal Finance, hosted by The Financial Blogger
- Financial Carnival, hosted by Wealth Artisan
- Carnival of Money Pros, hosted by Making Sense of Cents
- Totally Money Carnival, hosted by James Petzke
- Carnival of Retirement, hosted by Life Insurance by Jeff
- Nerdy Finance Carnival, hosted by Nerd Wallet
Thanks to all the blogs for hosting! In other news, Earth and Money was added to two major personal finance blog aggregation sites – Money Index and Money Crashers. Finally, here’s a look at what I’ve been reading in the blogosphere this week.
- Jeremy over at Modest Money has been having a big week! First, he celebrated his 6 month blogging anniversary by announcing a big giveaway! Then, he was featured in an interview on Global TV, one of the big main news channels here in Canada. Crazy!
- A few months after selling her blog, Young and Thrifty returns with a post reflecting on what she learned about blogging since she’s left.
- With course selection starting for most University students, My University Money offers some tips for course selection.
- CF at The Outlier Model reminds us what a great place the dollar store can be to buy certain things that are overpriced elsewhere.
- Million Dollar Journey compares the cost of being a student at the various ‘Ivy-league Universities’ in Canada. In my opinion, its not about where you go to school, but what you do while you’re there.
- Daisy at Add Vodka looks at the cost of rescuing a dog, and bringing home a new family member.
- One last giveaway! See Debt Run is also celebrating a 6 month anniversary by giving away some prizes.
Have a great weekend everyone!! Enjoy the Olympics and Go Canada Go!Like What You See? Share the Story!